Services are currently drive-in only due to COVID
Clinton United Methodist Church offers Sunday morning worship services at 11:00 A.M. that are open to everyone. We celebrate Holy Communion on the 1st Sunday of every month that is also open to everyone. Our worship services are conducted in a relaxed traditional style with hymns, scripture readings, prayer requests, and more.
From September through May, midway through the worship service, children and youth are provided with a separate Christian education time. They are invited to join this special Christian education time tailored specifically for a younger audience.
* - CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID: After worship service - COFFEE HOUR!! We enjoy fellowship with each other along with coffee, juices, and a sweet or savory treat or two in our Fellowship Hall, which is conveniently located inside the church. All are welcomed!
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I wear?
Whatever you feel comfortable in. Our most formal members wear "business casual", and our least formal members have been seen in shorts, jeans, t-shirts, and even flip flops on occasion. We care about who you are on the inside, not what you look like on the outside.
Where can I park?
Parking is available right in front of the church building. The parking lot is handicap accessible and the sidewalk leads right to the front doors for easy access.
Where do I go once I'm inside?
When you enter through the front doors of our church you will be in the narthex, or lobby area. There are greeters here who will direct you to the sanctuary, or the restrooms, or answer any questions you may have.
Feel free to browse around the narthex and check out the bulletin boards and other displays. The bulletin boards have updates on church events, sign ups, etc. And please help yourself to any of the Upper Room devotionals provided.
What will I be expected to do during a worship experience?
- First, we promise we won't embarrass or humiliate you into giving us your money. Secondly, we won't pressure you into joining our church, so you can relax and focus on the most important part of why you are here - to worship.
- Our worship services are carried out in a relaxed traditional style. Everything you've come to know and expect from a church service, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
- We will be singing songs to express our love for God, and specific hymnals are specified in the bulletin.
- Our Pastor will share a relevant message to enable you to discover new truths that help you see life from God's point of view. We encourage you to take notes and check what we are saying against the Bible for yourself. Any questions, curiosities, inconsistencies you find with the church or on your own, anything at all is welcomed to be discussed with our Pastor.
- Occasionally, Christian sacraments such as a Baptism or Communion are included in our regular worship services. The congregation usually participates in these and we'll be sure to explain what is happening so you won't feel like the newbie. All the words and responses you will need are in the Hymnals under the pew and on the screens up front.
- Sunday services are usually done in about an hour, so you'll be ready to socialize in our Fellowship Hall and meet new friends while enjoying a light snack, or just head home for that afternoon nap.
Who can take communion?
Communion, also known as The Lord's Supper, is just that, The Lord's Supper. Not ours. It is Christ who invites you. Everyone is invited to join us for Communion.
I want to explore more about Clinton United Methodist Church. What's the next step?
Worship gatherings are just the beginning at Clinton United Methodist Church. To really begin connecting with new people and taking the next steps in your spiritual journey, speak with one of our greeters or our pastor to discuss how you can locate a small group and/or volunteer opportunity that is right for you. We also invite you to join us for our Children and Family events, dinner outings, and other activities that you can find on our events calendar.